You may remember I recently posted about Aveeno's new book and some of their great skincare products. I thought it might be useful to post a few tips for parents who's babies and children have dry skin.
These are things we've learnt along the way, that help us to help keep the monkeys skin in tip top condition.
1) Try not to bath the children daily. It dries their skin out and strips it of it's natural oils.
2) Don't use harsh bath oils and shampoo's. We only ever use baby shampoo and skin emollients that we swirled in the bath water.
3) Try massaging the skin with Aveeno or similar once baby or child is dry straight after their bath. This will help with the absorbtion of the cream or lotion.
4) Try to avoid going from the harsh cold outside to lots of heat indoors without wrapping up outside and removing layers inside. Heat from radiators and cool air from air-condtioning is particularly harsh on skin.
5) Finally, try getting those 5 a day inside your child. It will help with their skin immensly, as will drinking plenty of water.
For a copy of the Aveeno book The Dry-Ventures of Ellie and Eddie click here!
This is not a sponsored post.