Now I'm no pro but I like to think I'm a dab hand at planning for family days out. I'm thinking packing, preparing snacks, planning for when we are at our destination and so on. So I decided I would list my top 10 tips for travelling to London with children!
- Use the easiest form of transport - we use the train as the monkeys love it and I'm not willing to drive into the City!
- Pack for all eventualities. Hoodies, snacks, spare set of clothes, mobile phone, oyster cards, water.......
- Take crayons and paper for the journey and/or when in restaurants.
- Try and plan your day online before leaving home.
- Make sure you know where toilets are. The best will be in cafes and restaurants but those you pay 20p to get into are OK too!
- Take a tube map with you or get one once there.
- Try and plan fun but free or inexpensive activities for the children. We love searching for the child friendly statues in London.
- Prepare for walking, so ensure the kids have comfy shoes on.
- Stick together and if you do split up when there, do make sure both parties have a mobile phone.
- Have fun and take lots of photo's.
I must say I do usually end up taking too much but I'd rather be covered and of course using a rucksack is a must as then you have free hands for keeping little ones safe and close.
What is your top tip for travelling (into London specificially)? Please do share!