The monkeys were never ones to dress up, especially big monkey but since starting school and no doubt with a bit of encouragement from his peers he does now dress up from time to time. Mainly for classmates themed parties or for events such as World Book Day! Whilst he dresses up of course his younger brother wants to too. He is more keen and especially loved dressing up at Preschool. So when I was asked if the monkeys would like to review a dressing up outfit for Pretend to Bee I instantly thought of little monkey. To be honest I'd not come across them before now as I tended to pick up dressing up costumes in the supermarket.
Here's a little info about them!
- The Pretend To Bee Brand started in 2005
- They are a small family run business
- Their costumes are designed at their premises in Nottingham
- All are tested to Toy Safety Standards and carry the CE mark
- Quality fabrics and trimmings, made with proper stitching, durable
- Most of our costumes are designed for ease of dressing eg large openings, elasticated waists & Velcro fastenings
- Little Pretend To Bee sizes are 6 months to 3 years
- Pretend To Bee sizes are 3yrs/9yrs with a few up to llyrs
Having looked through the costumes online I decided little monkey might like to dress up as an F1 Driver. Both monkeys love Lewis Hamilton (who as you may know has now won the F1 World Championship the 3rd time over) and little monkey loves all things cars. In fact anything with wheels on!
His chosen outfit arrived very quickly once I'd made my selection and was very well packaged with branded packaging and compliments slip.
A little red cap and red F1 Drivers outfit. So cool! One of my favourite colours on both monkeys.
My first observation of the costume is how well it's made. I was very excited to see little monkey in it and whilst he seemed delighted to have it alas he initially refused to wear it! Typical.
Given time and the odd 'nudge' he did in fact wear it and we've enjoyed bike riding with it on (as we don't actually have a racing car!) He and his brother dressed up to go for a ride in their wagon too. The suit fits him perfectly, although the cap is rather large on him. He swapped it for his cycle helmet! We have the 3-5yrs size. The costume is
- All-in-one Suit and adjustable cap.
- Made from 100% Polyester.
- Size 2-3 years does not include cap for safety reasons.
I think you'll agree that little monkey looks fab in his new costume which looked just as good after wear and a wash. Very durable! He seems really proud of it! It costs £18.95.
Whilst it is a little more expensive than I would usually like to pay for dressing up costumes I think the quality would lend itself to being that bit more expensive and worth the extra few pounds. Of course the diversity of the costumes available is great too. I'm really pleased with his outfit and would definitely recommend Pretend to Bee. They sell role play costumes, character costumes and more!
We were sent this costume to review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.