The Gtech AirRam Mk 2 is the latest AirRam model. A cordless, upright vacuum which is lightweight and so easy to use. Take a look the TV advert!
What's in the box?
Main vacuum body
The AirRam is so easy to put together, with simple instructions, it's ready to use in a jiffy. Ours came with a little power in the battery. Enough to give it a quick whirl and then we plugged it in to charge. The AirRam is run on a professional grade 22V Lithium-ion battery.
The pieces fit together nicely and click into place, so you know that they are in position correctly. The feel of the upright is similar to a carpet sweeper but that's where the similarities end.
How to operate it?
To use the vacuum, just push the round button in on the handle to extend it, put your foot on the top left hand side of the front of the AirRam to tilt the handle back, and hit the on 'paddle' All this takes seconds and then you're good to go.
A full charge will allow for 40 minutes of vacuuming.
We can honestly say the only thing we've noticed is that on the kitchen floor the Gtech is quite noisy. once back on carpet it's not. There is nothing else we don't like.
- There are LED lights around the entire front of the vacuum which allow you to see the dirt and crumbs in those darker corners (or in our case, dimly lit house).
- The battery pack on the right side of the vacuum has LED light indicators to show how much battery power is left. 1 means it needs charging, 4 is fully charged.
- The dust cartridge is super easy to remove and empty, with colour coded components.
- The handle swivels for easy movement and manoeuvrability.
- A small adult or child can easily vacuum with the AirRam.
- There's not need worry about different floor surfaces, as it glides easily across multi flooring types with no settings to change!
- Gtech’s patented AirLOC system means that it not only collects small particles but bigger objects too!
How to empty the dirt cartridge.
Simply pull it up and out of the vacuum, hold it over the bin and push the green slider along the cartridge. The dirt will empty out of the trap at the end, straight into the bin. To replace the cartridge, just click it back into place.
Here's a short video we made!
I would say this vacuum rivals the leading competitor! Its very powerful, so light to use, easy to keep clean (and empty the cartridge), plus it's very handy to use at the push of a button. It's glides easily from left to right and back to front, whilst it's ultra low profile means you can vacuum under furniture too! The charge takes 4 hrs from empty and the vacuum time is ample to use in all the rooms in our home. There's also a quick charge (1hr).
We think this is the best vacuum we've had (excluding the Gtech Multi). So much so, we've recommended this and the Multi to the inlaws, who bought both! Hubby is often found to be vacuuming now and even both the monkeys have been keen to use it. The two Gtech vacuums we have, perfectly compliment each other. We wouldn't be without them!
The Gtech AirRam Mk 2 comes with free delivery and a 2 year guarantee. It cost £199.
We were sent this Gtech AirRam Mk 2 for the purpose of this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.