I'm not sure about you, but the sunnier days and Spring flowers give me the get up and go to get sorting, tidying and cleaning! Maybe it's the sunshine glaring through the windows and showing all the dust that gets me dusting, hoovering and carpet cleaning!
You may remember that last year we reviewed the BISSELL Pro-Heat 2XRevolution Carpet Cleaner (which I'll be using again very soon).
We'll we've teamed up with BISSELL again to offer you some Spring cleaning tips and a giveaway to win the following BISSEL cleaning products!
- The BISSELL Oxy Stain Destroyer which works hard to lift and permanently remove tough set-in stains with results visible in just 30 seconds!
- Bissell Antibacterial Pet Stain & Odour Remover which kills 99.9% of bacteria whilst removing tough stains and odours
- BISSELL Dirt & Odour Heavy Traffic™ Carpet Foam perfect for those carpets and areas which receive a lot of footfall leaving a clean fresh scent whilst protecting against future stains
- The BISSELL Carpet & Upholstery Aerosol which is specially formulated to safely deep clean fabric, upholstery and carpet fibres with a gentle brush to loosen and remove tough stains
If you are thinking vacuuming is enough, think again. According to the homecare experts at BISSELL, even the best vacuums simply can’t reach the deeply embedded dirt within your carpet’s fibres. The process of carpet cleaning – engineered to reach the dirt and dust mite matter left behind by vacuuming – is just as easy and can be done in a similar amount of time, with much more impressive results.
To help you make the most of your Spring Clean, we’ve developed ten top tips to get your house sparkling from top to bottom. So get out the serious cleaning supplies, stretch your scrubbing muscles and tackle those hard-to-reach places you ignore most of the year.
1. Shape up and ship out the clutter. Doing one big sweep of toys, magazines and everyday bits and pieces to clear your carpets and surfaces will be a lot easier than trying to clean around the daily detritus of the family.
2. Vacuum, pre-treat badly stained areas and then deep clean your carpets and rugs.
A carpet washing machine injects a mixture of cleaning solution and warm water deep into carpet fibres. The brushes agitate, scrub and loosen the dirt or stain and then the powerful vacuum suction lifts it all away, leaving your home feeling and smelling fresh.
3. It’s the job we all dread… cleaning the oven. So get cracking with that while you’re feeling motivated and get it out of the way.
4. You’ve done the washing, but have you washed the washing machine? They can tend to build mould over time, so to make sure yours is spotless run an empty load, one cycle filled with 4 cups of bleach, the other with 4 cups of distilled white vinegar.
5. Strip covers off cushions and sofas where possible, then load them into the washing machine, checking care labels to ensure you use the right settings.
Of course, if you have a carpet cleaner which works on upholstery, such as a BISSELL CleanView® Proheat®, you can save yourself some time by using it to clean sofa upholstery, curtains and the mattress too. Your living room will have a new lease of life!
6. Don’t forget the bed sheets: you’ll probably be washing these already, but use it as an opportunity to vacuum your mattress too. It’s a haven for dust mites which can wreak havoc for people who suffer from allergies triggered by dust mite waste.
7. Let in more light: cleaning blinds can seem like a daunting task but it doesn’t have to be. Mix equal parts of warm water and distilled white vinegar in a bowl. Slip a sock on your hand and dip the sock into the water and vinegar mixture before wiping each slat individually.
8. Bust the dust mites by giving the house a thorough dusting from high to low. Start with the ceilings, corners of walls and light fixtures. Use a lint roller to easily clean dust off lampshades and other soft furnishings.
9. Your Spring Clean is the perfect time to to check batteries in smoke and fire alarms around the house. To be super safe you could even inspect light fixtures for damaged wires and faulty connections. Safety first!
10. Impression marks left on carpets by furniture can be easily remedied. Simply rub an ice cube over the affected area and your carpet will be back to normal in no time.
Well, there's some great tips there and I shall be taking heed. I hate cleaning the dust off our window blinds and never thought to wear a sock on my hand! (Sadly), there's something very satisfying about having a good deep clean. Even if, as soon as the family comes home it feels like all the hard work is undone!
Now, as normal, to be in with a chance of winning £50 worth of BISSELL cleaning products, please complete the rafflecopter form below by Midnight Sunday 12th March 2017. T&C's apply. Open to UK residents only. Good luck!
For more information about BISSELL visit www.bisselldirect.co.uk or join them on Facebook and Twitter.
Win prizes with theprizefinder.com/